Adidas recently held a tryout at Harvard for their Northeast All-American team. Below is additional info and video highlights from the tryout.
150 high school underclassmen lacrosse players from Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maine, New York and Canada participated in a 3 hour tryout at Harvard University conducted by high school lacrosse coaches from the New England region. Registration for the evaluation was open to all high school underclassmen players entering grades 10,11 and 12 next fall.
25 of the top players have been selected from the tryout to represent the Northeast Region in the 2010 adidas National Lacrosse Classic, July 5-8, 2010 in Germantown, Maryland. The New England team will be coached by John Pirie, Governor’s Academy (MA) and Steve O’Donnell, LaSalle (RI).
The 2010 adidas National Lacrosse Classic will be played in Germantown, Maryland, July 5-8, 2010. The event features the top 500 high school underclassmen players on 20 regional teams competing for a National Championship in a showcase for NCAA and MCLA lacrosse coaches. The winning team qualifies to play internationally for the Brogden Cup in Orlando, Florida later in the year.
NEWS & NOTES
– Boston Blazers player John Ortolani is also an MMA fighter…
From December through April, lacrosse is Ortolani’s life, his passion, his full-time job. The rest of the year, he gets his kicks — and punches — as a trained fighter in mixed martial arts.
– The stage is set for the Navy/UNC game.
– University of Delaware’s Curtis Dickson is CAA player of the week
– Dominican University is gaining popularity thanks to lacrosse.
– Ohio State is relying on their defense.
– Fairfield has recruited a 7-year old!
– How well do you know Northwestern lacrosse?
– Titans goaltender Matt Vinc has best save percentage in pro lacrosse
– Ryan Powell was named NLL OPOTW.
– Mark one up for Johnson Middle School in FL. They now have laxxxx.
– The Oswego Lakers are shaving their heads in honor of the St. Baldrick’s Foundation.
– Get the scoop on men’s club action in the American Lacrosse League
– Read the Theory of (Bearded) Relativity.