Droppin’ Ballz Vol. 39
Our friends over at 3 Stacks, just dropped a solid mixtape. Highlights include Kanye West, TassNata, Big Boi, Sheek Louch, Jay-Z, Young Buck and Joell Ortiz…
Check 3 Stacks out and download it here.
The Jets’ Braylon Edwards got a DUI early yesterday morning. 5:15 AM early.
Smart guy, obviously. “It’s more than just a beard.”
Question of the day: Will the MLL or NLL ever need a Player Protect Program?
NEWS & NOTES
- Brendan Looney, thank you for your service. Our hearts and prayers go out to you and the entire Looney family.
- Phila. hosting 2013 NCAA men’s lacrosse finals | Philly Biz Journal
- Lacrosse scholarships broken down by some of college’s best coaches | ESPN Rise
- Censer: Death of the Dodging Attackman | LaxMagazine
- Wheelchair lacrosse: A new game for paraplegic athletes | Washington Post
- Photos: Minnesota Gophers lacrosse camp | MNSportsScene
- Syracuse Lacrosse: Reloaded | TNAM
- VA: Madigan will take lacrosse skills to Robert Morris | Loudoun Times
- Canada: Mann Cup still missing | Examiner
Hot off the press:
Maverik Donates Equipment to Help Launch Stowe, VT High School Team
Long Island City, NY – September 21, 2010 – Maverik Lacrosse (www.maveriklacrosse.com) today announced that it is partnering with Bitter Lacrosse (www.bitterlax.com) to help Stowe Lacrosse launch a varsity high school lacrosse team and to fuel the growth of lacrosse in Vermont. Maverik will be donating gloves, shoulder pads and arm guards to help alleviate Stowe’s initial start up costs and get their program off to a fast start.
“We are only to happy to do our part and help Stowe get their program up and running,” said John Gagliardi, founder and President of Maverik Lacrosse. “It is only through the hard work and dedication of people like Ward Bitter and his family that our sport will continue to grow at such a rapid rate.”
Bitter Lacrosse, founded in 2010 by Ward and EW Bitter, took the first step in raising funds for Stowe Lacrosse back in August of 2010 when it donated a portion of the proceeds from their first ever Stowe Lacrosse Clinic. In 2011, Bitter Lacrosse will also be launching the inaugural Stowe Lax Festival. The Festival will be for boys and girls and include the first annual Stowe Invitational Lacrosse Tournament, Stowe Coaches Clinic and the Sticks-In-Stowe Lax Clinic/Camp.
“We were thrilled to hear that Maverik was coming on board to help us give kids in Stowe the opportunity to play the sport that has been so important to our own family,” said Ward Bitter. “It is really great to see how everyone is coming together to make it possible for these kids to have the opportunity to play lacrosse.