It’s Friday and one of the last weekends of summer. What better time to take your game to another level and nothing works the hand eye coordination skillz like a little lax while riding a thousand pound animal. Get to know polocrosse:
Polocrosse is an international sport…started as a training exercise for learning horse riders during off-seasons, when they weren’t working on their more vigorous routines. Think of it as Victorian cross-training.
- Polo and Lacrosse sports combine and go extreme; and it’s all just across the river | ChisagoCountyPress.com
Polocrosse… is played outside, on a field (the pitch), on horseback. Each rider uses a cane stick to which is attached a racquet head with a loose, thread net, in which the ball is carried. The ball is made of sponge rubber and is approximately four inches across. The objective is to score goals by throwing the ball between the opposing team’s goal posts.
Lax equipment ain’t cheap but it’s nothing compared to a training tool of the equestrian variety. Do like our buddy Marcus says:
Step your game up.
NEW & NOTES
– Lehigh Men’s lacrosse announces class of 2014 | LaxPower
– The newest way to geek out and talk lax. Google says there were 1 million Gmail calls on day 1| CNN
– Spoon Feed: Big Sean’s new single “Supa Dupa” dropped (NSFW)
– NJ: Resident Makes Madison Proud at US Lacrosse Festival | Madison Patch
- Spoon Feed: Ving Rhames Wins Oscar for Piranha 3D | via Funny Or Die
– Spoon Feed: Had a bad week? So did this guy | via Metro.co.uk
Now get out there and karate chop the weekend!