Major League Lacrosse has announced that every team in the league has submitted its 23-Man Protected Roster for 2014. The MLL also sent out the rosters for the 8 teams. Teams are granted a 40-man roster leading into the season, and they can fill those remaining 17 spots with supplemental draft picks, college draft picks, and trades, before the start of the 2014 campaign.
Below you can find the 23-Man lists for each team. I’ll follow with a few points of interest.
Brent Adams, Mitch Belisle, Stephen Berger, Martin Bowes, Ryan Boyle, Colin Briggs, Kevin Buchanan, Craig Bunker, Jordan Burke, Lee Coppersmith, Chris Eck, Cam Flint, Diogo Godoi, Pat Heim, Will Manny, Ricky Pages, Matt Poskay, Paul Rabil, Scott Ratliff, PT Ricci, Matt Smalley, Mike Stone, Kyle Sweeney
Owen Blye, Brian Carroll, Casey Carroll, Joe Cinosky, Casey Cittadino, Joe Cummings, Matt Danowski, Kevin Drew, Tim Fallon, Ryan Flanagan, Adam Ghitelman, John Haus, Josh Hawkins, Eric Lusby, Michael McCormack, Mason Poli, Mike Sawyer, Chris Schiller, Brett Schmidt, Geoff Snider, Jake Tripucka, Matt White, Ryan Young
Matt Abbott, Jesse Bernhardt, Steven Brooks, Dan Burns, Kevin Cooper, Kyle Dixon, Matt Dolente, Barney Ehrmann, Michael Evans, Ben Hunt, Michael Kimmel, Matt Mackrides, Brian Megill, Brendan Mundorf, Peet Poillon, Nicky Polanco, Casey Powell, Adam Rand, Jeff Reynolds, Ben Rubeor, Brian Spallina, Kip Turner, Drew Westervelt
Chris Bocklet, Matt Bocklet, Charlie Cipriano, Curtis Dickson, Adam Fullerton, John Grant Jr, Zack Greer, Anthony Kelly, Terry Kimener, Eric Law, Will Mangan, Chris O’Dougherty, Justin Pennington, Stephen Robarge, Dillon Roy, Domenic Sebastiani, Jesse Schwartzman, Jeremy Sieverts, Michael Simon, Drew Snider, Sam Snow, Justin Turri, Lee Zink
Hamilton Nationals – (the league is still using Hamilton, so we will too)
Reid Acton, Josh Amidon, Martin Cahill, Kevin Crowley, Kevin Cunningham, Tucker Durkin, Jordan Hall, Cody Jamieson, Stephen Keough, Roy Lang, Roman Lao-Gosney, Cameron Lao-Gosney, Chris LaPierre, Matt Lovejoy, Brodie Merrill, Donny Moss, Jason Noble, Mike Poppleton, Brett Queener, Jeremy Thompson, Garrett Thul, Joe Walters, Dillon Ward,
New York Lizards
Drew Adams, John Austin, Sean Brady, CJ Costabile, Ned Crotty, David Earl, Matt Gibson, Greg Gurenlian, Tim Henderson, Dan Hostetler, Brian Karalunas, Albery Maione, JoJo Marasco, Mark Matthews, Steve Mock, Tommy Palasek, Rob Pannell, Max Seibald, Mike Skudin, Matt Striebel, Kevin Unterstein, Mike Unterstein, Steven Waldeck
Dominique Alexander, Peter Baum, Jake Bernhardt, Greg Bice, Marshall Burkhardt, Chase Carraro, Jim Connolly, Greg Downing, Brian Farrell, Kyle Hartzell, Marcus Holman, Jeff Ledwick, Joe Lisicky, Connor Martin, Kiel Marisz, Eric O’Brien, Stephen Peyser, Brian Phipps, Scott Rodgers, Max Schmidt, Logan Schuss, Steele Stanwick, Chad Wiedmaier
Steven Boyle, Grant Catalino, Steve DeNapoli, Kyle Denhoff, John Galloway, Dan Groot, Peter Johnson, John Kemp, Will Koshansky, John Lade, David Lawson, Michael Lazore, Kevin Leveille, Jordan MacIntosh, Mike Manley, Matt Miller, Tom Montelli, John Ortolani, John Ranagan, Kevin Randell, Rob Rotanz, Brett Schmidt, Joel White
- Ohio is still listing Peter Baum as being on their 23-Man list. Interesting. Is he coming back? Is there going to be an agreement where players can play in both the LXM and MLL? Does it mean absolutely nothing? Totally possible.
- New York has SEVEN attackmen on their list. Denver has three goalies on their list. Rochester has nine midfielders. All three represent league highs.
- Boston has kept seven players whose last names begin with B. They are serious about that letter in that town. Charlotte has more players with last names that start with C than any other letter. Wait, is this some secret thing? Nope, just a coincidence. The other six teams did nothing of the sort.
- A number of active armed forces service members were kept on the 23-Man lists. Thul, Henderson, and Fullerton are three examples. Lacrosse is pretty unique in this regard, especially when it comes to team sports.
- In case you missed it, it was not a typo that Matt Striebel is now with NY. So is Ned Crotty. It’s trade city.