Today I come to you with a preview of one of the premier camps offered in all of South Jersey this Summer. The Southern part of Jersey is an area where we prefer to “Grow the Game” by the shore, and since we’re located in the Garden State you know it’s gonna be fresh. You tired of these garden state/jersey fresh puns yet? I’m only getting started.
LaxEvo was started by former NLL player and current MLL coach Tom Slate (Denver Outlaws) in 2005. LaxEvo is based out of Downingtown, PA with another facility in the King of Prussia area (also PA). They offer year round Girls and Boys Clinics, Camps, Tournaments, Private Lessons, Training and Event Management.
I pass the field in Ocean City where the camp will be held on a weekly basis and the banner is displayed proudly on the fence. The anticipation is absolutely killing me. It’s a high quality field with a world class staff waiting to teach many eager laxers yearning to learn. As a true GTG-er, I can’t wait to see all these little laxers in action!
The camp runs from July 5th-8th and is focused on teaching boys lacrosse players from 7 to 17 years of age. The guys will participate in everything from individual skills, team drills, conditioning, and even some mini lax! As I said before, LaxEvo has put together a top notch group of counselors to go along with the great facility they were able to get for the camp. But don’t take my word for it, take a look for yourself:
- Matt Mackrides – U19 Team USA member, current Penn State attackman, Former Malvern prep All American
- Justin Blye - Current University of Maryland midfielder, former Downingtown East State Champion and All American
- Owen Blye - Current University of Maryland midfielder, former Downingtown East State Champion and All American
- Austin Kaut - Current Penn State Goalie, Springfield High School All American
- Tom Slate - Denver Outlaws Head Coach, Philadelphia Wings Defensive Coordinator, and Downingtown East Head Coach, former Philadelphia Wing
- Mike Busza - Former Boston Cannon and Philadelphia Wing, Former Radnor Head Coach
- Joe Karpinski – Downingtown East Assistant Coach and PYLA Director
- Ryan Cranston - Current Denver Outlaws Midfielder (MLL), Current LXMPRO Midfielder, Lacrosse Evolution Director, 3X All American at Lynchburg College
- Dave Donovan - Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach, Certified Exercise Specialist, Lacrosse Evolution Director
D1 players, USA team players, MLL coaches and players, LXM Pro players and even strength and conditioning coaches. All the different levels and aspects of lacrosse are represented.
I think it’s great that they even brought a strength and conditioning coach in because it’s something so vital to the game and training is an area where many players dont put in enough time. It also all ties back into LaxEvo’s philosophy of “The Complete Lacrosse Athlete”.
I urge everyone to go to Lax Evo’s Youtube channel and check out all of their instructional videos. They’ve got something for everybody.
This camp without a doubt in my mind will GREATLY improve the skill level of all those involved. Between the location and this highly qualified staff I’m absolutely ecstatic to be a part of this camp and if you’re from the South Jersey area, this is one camp you can not miss. I’ll be there all week reporting back on how things go!!!!
Click here for information on future LaxEvo Camps and to register for future events.
If you’re not from the South Jersey area and would like to find a camp near you click here for a full list of camps from both PA and NJ and for both Boys and Girls.
Thanks for reading and grow the game!
Also please like LaxAllSharks on Facebook, LacrosseAllStars latest summer club team. We’re based out of South Jersey and we’re looking to establish a permanent Men’s Summer club team, and a elite high school team to offer south jersey lacrosse players an elite team to compete on. But really we just want kids to have more opportunities to play!!!
Many NJ elite club teams are located in North Jersey, which makes the family drive hours long for games, and even practices. Also North Jersey is far more advanced than South Jersey in terms of lacrosse so its time to help Grow the Game down South. If you know anyone who may be interested in helping manage this project with me, please leave a message in the comment section below with an email. Also be sure to check out the LaxAllSharks at the Beach Lacrosse Tournament in Wildwood July 16th and 17th. Thank you!