Today is the day! We’ve re-launched our site and taken the next step in creating the most comprehensive network of lacrosse blogs on the internet. We already have writers from all over the world – from the US and Canada all the way to Thailand – and now we have an improved platform to help LAS expand even further.
On top of that, we’ve enhanced our layout and the overall design of the LAS Network. We’ve turned the LaxAllStars.com homepage into a dynamic hub from our vast network of lacrosse blogs. It’s now easier than ever for LAS Readers to see everything in one place!
We’ve also added a brand new, very simple membership layer and an improved commenting system to further accommodate the growing community of LAS readers. Become an LAS Member today and you’ll receive exclusive LAS Monthly Perks via email each and every month!
With all these changes, it might take a little time for your eyes to adjust. Once they do, we promise you’ll love it!
Key features of the new LaxAllStars.com:
- The Featured section on the homepage will always contain fresh, high-quality content from Connor Wilson and the rest of the LAS staff.
- The Filter tabs on the homepage will allow LAS Readers to browse our content stream from across the LAS Network based on recency, popularity (view count) and most comments.
- Search our entire network of lacrosse blogs using the homepage search box on the right sidebar. Individual blogs have their own blog-specific search boxes too.
- View count is now displayed so you can see how many people have read a post before you click on it. This is something we’re extra excited about!
- LAS Membership is now available, allowing loyal LAS Readers to create a FREE account and receive LAS Monthly Perks via email. This feature is very simple at the moment, but we have plans to improve and expand our membership layer in the near future.
- Improved commenting system, which enables LAS Members to receive awards for their awesome comments and activity all across LaxAllStars.com.
Here’s a closer look:
Why did you change the design?
Simply put, we experienced a ton of growth in 2011 and it was time for an upgrade! The front end of the site needed a fresh look to further suit our needs and the needs of our readers. Plus we needed to revamp the LAS platform’s backend to improve on site performance and give our bloggers an improved set of tools to publish great content and help grow the game.
What if I have an issue with the new site?
There are bound to be problems with this new site – especially at the beginning when the servers are adjusting. As you browse the new homepage and your favorite lacrosse blogs, I’m sure you’ll find a few bugs or glitches. Please help us fix them by emailing a note and screenshot to [email protected]!
This redesign is something the LAS Team has been working on for quite some time now. For us, the structure of the homepage and the key features listed above have always been part of the plan. And I won’t lie, it feels good when a plan comes together. Now we’re one step closer to our vision for LaxAllStars.com, and that’s a pretty gratifying thought. But the launch of LAS 4.0 marks just the beginning of a new era for LAS. Rest assured we still have a long way to go on our journey to take over the interwebz. Stay tuned for LAS 4.1, LAS 4.2, LAS 4.3 and beyond!
Someone once told me that you can only move forward as far as you can remember back. So just for kicks, let’s take a look back at beginning and retrace our steps:
Personally, I liked the first one better… :)
It’s been quite the ride so far! I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Lacrosse All Stars in 2012. Here’s to a new era!