Last summer the Hong Kong Men’s National Team went 5-3 in the World Lacrosse Championship in Denver, Colorado, a huge sign that our sport is really starting to bloom right now in Asia.
Lacrosse is growing in HK and now they are stepping it up a notch! The Hong Kong Lacrosse High Performance Program is currently seeking a men’s and women’s head coach!
The Hong Kong Lacrosse High Performance Program (HPP) was created to give those hoping to compete for Hong Kong on the international level to receive the best instruction and support available to them.
The head coaches won’t be alone, a team consisting of assistant coaches, team managers, strength and conditioning coaches, a physiotherapist and sport psychologist are being brought on board to help Hong Kong with their development of international lacrosse!
Head coaches are also expected to lear recruitment, seeking out athletes that could bring value to the National and Junior National teams.
- Be responsible for the development of the HPP men’s/ women’s program
- Select and lead the required squads for tournaments
- Work with the Association and the supporting team (assistant coach, strength and conditioning coach, physiotherapist, sport psychologist and management team) to plan and run the program
- Involvement in the development of youth lacrosse in general in Hong Kong in accordance to the plans of the Association.
- High level lacrosse playing experience
- Demonstrated success as a Men’s/ Women’s Lacrosse coach
- Able to motivate and relate to a group of wide range of age and background
- Exceptional time management and organization skills to facilitate remote planning
- Innovative and energetic to develop a young program
- Able to travel to Hong Kong 2 weeks prior to tournaments
Able to relocate to Hong Kong is an advantage.
Tentative tournament dates for coming year:
Nov 7-9, 2014 Singapore Spectacular 2014
Apr, 2015 Hong Kong Lacrosse Open
July 4-11, 2015 ASPAC – Bangkok, Thailand
Accommodation and travel expenses will be provided. Modest stipend/salary available based upon experience.
- Cover Letter
- Detailed Resume/CV
- 2-3 Recommendations or references from coaches, athletic directors or national/state-wide or comparable organizations.
SALARY: Volunteer (with housing and travel expenses provided, stipend negotiable)
Start Date: Immediate
Contract Terms: 1 year, extension depending on performance
Application deadline: 24th October, 2014
Contact for application and information:
Executive Director of Hong Kong Lacrosse Association
Get real time updates from Lacrosse All Stars sent directly to your device.