K18 posted a funny photo yesterday from Denver. At least we thought so… The verdict is still out. Who is this kid?
What’s up guys, Day 2 started off with a great game between Oregon and Colorado. It was back and forth the whole way and ended up in OT. Oregon got the opening possession, but CU’s goalie made a big stop and started a fast break the other way. A CU attackman put one low-to-low on the break to give his team the win in OT. That game was a makeup from last night, so Colorado has to turn around and play again tomorrow.
All the games today have been hard fought. Utah Valley just won in the final seconds against St. Johns on a man-up goal from the wing. There’s been a good turnout today, with a lot of parents and fans cheering on their teams. I was talking with a few guys from Briarcliffe in Long Island who have been here all day checking out the games, even though they don’t play again until tomorrow. They were eliminated earlier in the tournament and were already talking about coming back next year and getting even further.
The hot chocolate has been a bigger seller at the concession stand today. I’m heading back for my 3rd now. Later.
NEWS & NOTES:
– If you didn’t listent to 412’s radio debut yesterday, you should listen to it now… [BlogTalkRadio]
– An In-depth Look At The Future Of College Lacrosse [LaxAllStars.com!!!!]
– The Lax provided us with his tourney commentary.
– A shadow on men’s lacrosse [Baltimore Sun]
– Lacrosse tournament is latest example of Notre Dame getting preferential treatment [Syracuse.com]
– Two UVA Lacrosse Players Named Tewaaraton Award Finalists [NBC29]
– Missouri club lacrosse coach finds new family away from home [MissouLax]
– Connecticut: Darien Boys Lacrosse Rolls Over Norwalk [DarienPatch]
– North Carolina: Lacrosse takes Providence senior a long way [CharlotteObserver]
– North Carolina: Teams scrapping for state’s 1st lacrosse title [CharlotteObserver]
– California: Malibu lacrosse ends historic season [MalibuTimes]
Two interesting articles about the UVa case from a free weekly paper in Charlottesville…
– Dangerous rage? What compelled Huguely to attack? [The Hook]
– Murder at UVA: George Huguely, Yeardley Love, and Lacrosse’s Worst Case Scenario [The Hook]