Daily Cheese: Navy Lacrosse Camp At LSU, MLL Draft Links, The Beast Joins Maverik
Knox headed over the 2010 Navy Lacrosse Camp at LSU last weekend. Check out the vid he made below and drop your perspective in the comments section…
NEW & NOTES
– The ACC Dominates College Lacrosse in 2010 | LaxPower
– Locals dot Major Lacrosse League draft | Baltimore Sun
– Lacrosse draftee a first for Siena | Times Union
– Best flow in the National Lacrosse League belongs to Josh Funk | NLL Insider
– Playing “How Spilled is this Milk” with the Northwestern Women’s Lacrosse team | Sippin’ on Purple
– Maryland’s McFadden wins Honda Sports Award | ESPN
– Connecticut: Darien, New Canaan lacrosse set for showdown | MaxPreps
– Rhode Island: MacGowan nets OT winner for Middletown | Projo.com
– Maryland: McDonogh’s Meurer wins Kelly Award | Baltimore Sun
– New Hampshire: Division III lacrosse championship: Knight moves | Citizen.com
– Pennsylvania: boys’ and girls’ lacrosse notebook: State semifinals set | Philly.com
Ric “The Beast” Beardsley To Rep Maverik in Upstate NY
Long Island City, NY – Four-time All-American, two-time national champion (’93 and ’95) and a true Syracuse University legend Ric “The Beast” Beardsley has accepted an offer from Maverik Lacrosse to rep the company and its products in upstate New York. In his new role Ric will be working directly with lacrosse retailers and helping Maverik penetrate one of the largest and most brand loyal lacrosse markets in the country. Ric will also be making the rounds at clinics, camps and tournaments this summer to help spread the word about Maverik and their technologically advanced products.
“I can’t think of a more hard working and dedicated guy than Ric to represent our company,” said John Gagliardi, founder and President of Maverik Lacrosse. “Ric is truly passionate about lacrosse and someone we all feel can help us grow our company and take it to the next level.”
Beardsley joins John Christmas, Kyle Sweeney, Jay Jalbert, John Gagliardi, Sean Lindsay, Mike Springer, Paul Rabil, Dan Hardy, Joe Cinosky and Kip Turner in Maverik’s pilgrimage to grow the sport of lacrosse nationwide.
“It is great to be onboard and part of a team that gives to back to the sport which has given all of us so much,” said Beardsley. “I am looking forward to getting the word out about Maverik’s ground breaking products and showing the lacrosse world what a bunch of hard working and motivated lacrosse players can do.”
Upon graduation from Syracuse University in 1995 Beardsley was drafted in 1996 by the now defunct New York Saints in the NLL and in 2001 by the MLL’s Rochester Rattlers. Ric earned All-American honors all four years at Syracuse as a defenseman from 1992 through 1995 and garnered first-team honors both his junior and senior years. Nicknamed “The Beast,” Ric’s hard hitting style played an integral role in the ‘Cuse taking home two national titles in 1993 and again in 1995. Ric grew up in Yorktown, NY, a hotbed for lacrosse and played for Lakeland High School before heading off to play for the Orangemen.