The predictions were true. Snowstradamus and Snowtorius BIG all said that the epic east coast snowstorm Part 2 was headed our way and looking outside a foot of the white stuff has arrived in NYC. Snow day! Some places around the country were bracing for 40 total inches so I guess we got off easy. Yet another reason why lacrosse starting this early in the year is kooky.
In a related note: read all about this subject in an article from the Lax All Star archives titled “Snow-pocalypse Now & Why Lacrosse Is Best In Spring“.
Don’t believe me? Here is a picture of Ohio Wesleyan digging themselves a lacrosse field to practice on. Hope they brought the multi-colored balls!
NEWS & NOTES
– After only playing lacrosse for 2 years, Sam Fogus out of Midland, MI has landed a scholarship to Aquinas College.
– Should lacrosse be a varsity sanctioned sport in Washington? That’s a big debate right now.
– MTV is remaking the 1980s Michael J. Fox movie “Teen Wolf” and for some reason they’re looking for lacrosse playing extras in Atlanta.
– The Baltimore Sun recently had a Q&A with former Syracuse AA Paul Carcaterra.
– The Lowe’s Senior CLASS award nominees have been named.
– Major League Lacrosse & New Balance are joining forces with Michelle Obama.
– The Texas A&M Aggies will host the Aggieland Classic this weekend. Details here.
– The CaseyPowellLacrosse.com/JustLacrosse.com 2010 NCAA Preseason Polls:
– The Notre Dame men’s lacrosse team is dishing out some entertaining YouTube videos as of late.
Here’s a few to check out:
ND Lax at Niagara Falls
ND Lax Steak & Hotdog Game Fun
ND Lax Cross Training
[fvplayer src=”https://youtube.com/watch?v=0qe4hiphzTA” splash=”https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0qe4hiphzTA/hqdefault.jpg” caption=”ND Lax Cross Training”]