The Denmark National Lacrosse Program is looking for responsible and enthusiastic interns for the 2018 FIL World Lacrosse Championship in Netanya, Israel. The historic 50 team event runs from July 12th through the 21st and the Danish are in need of a few great stewards of the game to join the adventure. Interested parties (age 18+) are invited to apply for an intern position in the program.
Selected interns will fly into Copenhagen, Denmark, by July 7th, onto Israel on the 10th, and will return back to the United States on July 22nd. Once in Copenhagen, all accommodations are provided by the Danish National Team, until departing back home. To participate, it is asked that the intern makes a donation to the National Team in order to cover flights, food, lodging, gear, and expenses for the three weeks in Europe.
Interns will become an integral part of the experience and as such, will receive all the same perks of the rest of the staff and team. There are also playing opportunities and team gear provided as a token of our gratitude for the assistance. The position will provide hands-on education geared toward sports marketing, team management, coaching, social media management, and much more.
- Flights (US>Copenhagen>Israel>US)
- Work uniform
- All team issued gear (including padding, uniform, sweats, etc.)
- Full event pass (includes access to all games at 2018 World Championship)
- Sideline access to all Denmark Lacrosse events
- An unforgettable month of lacrosse
- Letters of recommendation
Interns also have the opportunity to compete with the National Team during pre-event scrimmages, practices, and friendlies.
General duties of Danish Lacrosse interns
Some of the responsibilities of an intern will include, but are not limited to…
- Warm up goalies
- Assist with face-off practice
- Distribute/collect practice balls
- Fill water bottles
- Align extra player gear on sideline
- Assist with any gear maintenance
- Help with eye-black/uniforms/stick taping/etc.
- Join team for all national anthems
- Keep statistics
- Manage social media profile with updates and commentary
- Collect photos/video of sidelines and behind the scenes perspectives
- Fill water bottles, provide water in breaks
- Help with any gear issues
- Serve as a runner for any needs in game
- Clean up sideline
- Organize and manage team gear
- Transport team gear from field to team area
- Provide statistics to coaching staff
- Post on social media (results, awards, pics/video)
- Help coaches manage the “fine session” after each game
Those interested in applying for, or learning more about, one of the limited internship positions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Full name
- Current school
- Coach’s contact info
- Any travel or work limitations
Once received, you will be contacted for an interview from the staff.