The winner of the 2015 Tewaaraton Trophy will be announced this Thursday, May 28th in Washington, DC, and we having a feeling that it won’t be split again this year.
In case you don’t recall… In 2014, history was made when Native American brothers Miles and Lyle Thompson split the award for their game-changing performances that reshaped the way we think and play lacrosse. That was the first time that the trophy was ever awarded to more than one player. It was also the first time that persons of indigenous background won the trophy, named after the Mowhawk word used for “lacrosse.”
Expert lacrosse dyer Kevin Henry, also known as Gopher Lax, wanted to pay tribute to the Tewaaraton Award and the college-version of these two living legends (who recently debuted on the same pro lacrosse team the other day). He chose The Hawk as his canvas and proceeded to create this awesome Tewaaraton Tribute complete with the Award organization’s maroon color-way. To create the maroon color, Kevin mixed and matched Rit Dye by hand.
The head features the names of both the winners along with their mind-blowing stats from the 2014 NCAA season. The dye is perfectly polished off with a handcrafted rendition of the Tewaaraton Trophy and the Lacrosse All Stars logo in the throat.
Kevin strung the head using Stringer’s Shack materials to create a perfectly functional and removable maroon and grey 6 diamond traditional pocket. Now are you ready to enter to win this magnificent piece of work or what?
Here’s a closer look at this week’s prizes:
- (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER gets a Miles and Lyle Thompson Tewaaraton Tribute Dye from Gopher Lax
- (5) RUNNERS UP receive a SISU Guard of choice!
How to win an #LASGiveaway:
1. SIGN UP using the handy-dandy form on this page
2. EARN more entries by following the instructions on-screen
3. INVITE your friends to gain bonus entries when they sign up
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the giveaway end? Our giveaways always end when the clock strikes midnight, but be sure to check the #LASGiveaway announcement for details on which day.
- When will the winners announced? Winners are announced when we launch the next #LASGiveaway the following week.
- I can’t see the form– is something wrong? It is best to access the entry form from a Windows, Android, or iOS device using Chrome or Safari as your browser. Try clearing your cache and cookies if it still doesn’t work, and if all else fails, you know where to find us.
- Will you pick me? Sorry, we don’t play favorites. Every winner is selected at random!
- When will I receive my prize? Winners can expect to their prizes to arrive within 10 business days once they’ve provided a mailing address.
[/mks_one_half] [/mks_col] [mks_separator style=”solid” height=”4″]
LAST WEEK’S #LASGIVEAWAY RESULTS[mks_col] [mks_one_half]
Last week’s giveaway featured a Blade OG from Warrior and 5 stringing kits.
Special thanks to Warrior Lacrosse![/mks_one_half] [mks_one_half]
It’s time to find out if you won!
Rees Kelley, Cole Brams, Kyle Johnson, Patrick Koenig, John Kulikowski
Congratulations to our winners, and a big thank you to all who participated![/mks_one_half] [/mks_col] [mks_separator style=”solid” height=”4″]