That was me when the tournament brackets were released Sunday night around midnight.
Let’s just say The Lax was not entirely pleased with who’s going to Denver.
1. University of St. Thomas (UMLL)
2. University of Dayton (CCLA)
3. Utah Valley State University (RMLC)
4. Grand Valley State (CCLA)*
5. Davenport University (CCLA)*
6. St. Johns University (UMLL)*
7. Elon University (SELC)
8. Western Oregon University (PNCLL)
9. Grove City College (CCLA)*
10. Westminster College (RMLC)*
11. Savannah College of Art and Design (SELC)*
12. Western Washington University (PNCLL)*
13. Cal State Fullerton (SLC)
14. Briarcliffe College (PCLL)
15. Missouri State University (GRLC)
16. Sam Houston State University (LSA)
*= at large bid
Grove City only played 9 games. And only two of them were out of conference. But they were both wins.
I’m getting more accepting of the Grove City pick as time goes on, but the SCAD selection just makes me mad.
The main gripe I have is that, while yes, the Bees traveled to Ohio to play two of the toughest teams in the country, they lost. And against the teams they played “host” to, they went 1-1. 1-3 vs. non-conference ranked opponents.
What about Kennesaw State? I know they didn’t have the greatest of schedules. They did, however, make the long bus ride to Texas to take on 3 of the LSA’s finest (That’s not saying much, though).
The rest of the seeds, I can accept. They seem to be right for the most part.
I guess history helps out when you’re trying to get a bid to Denver.
I’ll have the normal Weekly roundup with more thoughts later in the week.
About the Author: The Lax picked up his first stick when he stepped on campus at MCLA D2 school UNC Charlotte. After taking a short break, he returned to the field for independent UNCG. The Lax enjoys flowers, pictures of unicorns, long walks on the beach, and above all else, beating people with his D-Pole.
Contact LaxAllStars at firstname.lastname@example.org