Here lie four podcasts the LAS staff and a few trusty readers highly recommend. Hope you enjoy.
Twenty-four hours a day in every city in America, you can hear shock jock radio types screaming their outrage at the latest sports scandal, and the din has become loud and steady. Diana Nyad, on the other hand, is thirsting for the poetry, the sociology, the philosophy of sports. On “The Score,” she tells poignantly inspirational stories, covers the broad spectrum of characters who play parts in the sports world and lifts listeners to feel the same passion for sports that she has.
The Adam Carolla Podcast – Listen to Adam rant and rave about whatever he feels like in this new enviroment. Unfiltered, with no one to tell him what he can and can’t say. The funniest man in podcasting.
The podcast of Comedian (and Fear Factor host) Joe Rogan.
The Sound of Young America is a public radio show about things that are awesome. Each week on the show, host Jesse Thorn, “America’s Radio Sweetheart,” hosts in-depth discussions with personalities from the world of entertainment & the arts. Think of it like Conan O’Brien on public radio, or “Fresh Air,” but more fun.
NEW & NOTES
- Bagpipes, Lacrosse, and MMA….. | NortheastMMA.net
- MLL’s Bayhawks win third title | Hometown Annapolis
- Bandits Get Pair of Players from Minnesota | WKBW
- Hubbard, Sims, Dougherty Named to MLL 10-Year Anniversary Team | Ivy League Sports
- CT: ‘Seasoned’ Goose grills O’Neill’s for lax Master League title | Darien Times
- NC: Lacrosse group tries to get kids, schools interested in the sport | BlueRidgeNow
- Canada: Northmen Top Raiders, Adanacs Beat Salmonbellies At Minto Cup | TSN
- Canada: Punchless Shamrocks teeter on edge of elimination in lacrosse final | Times Colonist
Syracuse Nike 2011 Vapors
LaxUnlimited tweeted this topstring yesterday. Not too shabby.