Check out these threads from the Bear Naked Lacrosse Club out of NY. Bear Naked is a team sponsored by Ralph’s Sporting Goods, so they get their unis in-house. A few pics from their showing at the Glastonbury Lacrosse Tournament below.
NEW & NOTES
– Lake Placid lacrosse tourney draws thousands, world class talent | Press Republican
– Justin Domingos Named New Colby Head Lacrosse Coach | LaxPower
– IMG Lacrosse Academy News Story with Coaches Kevin Finneran and Mike Pressler | LPG
– MLL: Bayhawks Rally To Win Overtime Thriller Against First Place Cannons | BayNet
– NLL: Swarm Bring Lacrosse Back To Its Roots | NLL.com
– NLL: With Vinc a Mammoth, O’Toole should start | Examiner
– National Lacrosse League disputes player agents claims of “gentlemen’s agreement” | NLL Insider
– GA: HIES lacrosse star headed to Ohio State | NeighborNewspapers
– Canada: Shamrocks hammer Adanacs, lead lacrosse playoff series 2-1 | Times Colonist
SECOND ANNUAL HOMEGROWN LACROSSE “CHAMPIONS OF SUMMER” CELEBRATES MINNESOTA’S FASTEST GROWING SPORT
Event brings together fans and players for competitive high school and men’s and women’s lacrosse action and community activities
WHAT: Homegrown Lacrosse, a Twin Cities-based nonprofit organization, is celebrating the sport of lacrosse in Minnesota with an end of the summer extravaganza. Parents and players of all ages and lacrosse skill levels are invited to attend and participate in Homegrown Lacrosse’s Second Annual Champions of Summer celebration.
More than 1,500 players and spectators are expected to converge on St. Paul’s McMurray Turf Fields over the course of the five hour event. In addition to lacrosse action, there will be a number of activities for attendees to join in the fun from tests of lacrosse shot speed and accuracy to agility courses. Additionally, boys and girls of all ages can participate in a Youth Clinic & Demonstration sponsored by the Minnesota Lacrosse Association.
“Champions of Summer Event is our (Homegrown Lacrosse) way of bringing together the expanding Minnesota lacrosse community one final time to celebrate a sport that engages and transforms the life of those it touches,” said Aron Lipkin, executive director, Homegrown Lacrosse. “The event also ties players, parents, and coaches together by showcasing games from every level at the same location on one night.”
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2010,
Time: 5:30 – 11:00 p.m.
McMurray Turf Fields
1100-1250 Como Ave W.
St. Paul, Minn. 55103
– With prizes awarded in five age divisions (10 and under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-17 and 18 and older) attendees are invited to test their lacrosse skills in:
– MPH Hot Shot Challenge
– Eliminator Obstacle Course
– Sniper Series Accuracy Contest
– Lax Dunk Tank
– Donations of used equipment will be accepted for the Homegrown Lacrosse ReLax Program that supports new program development around the state of Minnesota as well as the organization’s inner-city after school programs.
– Minnesota Swarm’s “Buzz Zone” will be onsite along with a special appearance by Swarm mascot Buzz
WHO: Founded in 2003, Homegrown Lacrosse is dedicated to encouraging positive change in the lives of youth lacrosse players and supporting the growth of the sport in Minnesota. Through community-based programming, Homegrown Lacrosse uses lacrosse to provide opportunities for individuals to get involved and cultivate the skills and relationships necessary to succeed on and off the field. Led and staffed by experienced collegiate lacrosse players, Homegrown Lacrosse holds clinics, leagues and K-12 educational programming throughout the year. For more information visit www.homegrownlacrosse.org
Got something that deserves to be seen? Drop us a line at email@example.com