Yesterday Lacrosse Magazine released its first episode of “LaxFeed,” a new weekly video podcast produced by US Lacrosse in conjunction with Loud Communications. The first installment of “LaxFeed” features the Duke men’s lacrosse team, its fifth-year seniors and their roller-coaster careers in Durham, N.C.
This is the first of 10 episodes that will air each Thursday from April 1 through June 3. “LaxFeed” is also available for download on iTunes.
From the press release:
“With much of the same crew that produced ‘Behind Lacrosse,’ a former CSTV and MASN series, the nucleus and infrastructure were there to launch ‘LaxFeed,’ and we couldn’t be happier with the finished product,” said Matt DaSilva, editor of Lacrosse Magazine Online.
The podcast also features weekly interview segments with members of the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame — this week, recent inductee Mark Millon provides his view on why lacrosse is unique — and a “10 Spot” segment with weekly men’s and women’s college lacrosse rankings and upcoming games to watch.
“The ‘Duke Lacrosse: The Love-Hate Saga’ episode might be one of the best videos I’ve ever been involved with,” said Michael Ivan Schwartz, president of Loud Communications. “Everyone did a great job, and we look forward to serving more such stories to the lacrosse community throughout this season.
NEWS & NOTES (Trying a new format)
- The Season: Langley Lacrosse, ‘A Target on My Back’ [Washington Post]
- Everyone should read/watch this. Thanks to G. Keyes for the heads up. Good stuff. [Fanhouse]
- 2010 College Lacrosse Midseason Highlights [Lax Playground]
- Duke apologizes to lacrosse coach; suit dropped [SFGate]
- Virginia-Maryland to renew lacrosse rivalry in College Park [Washington Post]
- Hartford Drops Pair of Late-Game Heartbreakers [The Informer]
- Mount St. Mary’s men win 4th straight in lacrosse, 9-8 [Baltimore Sun]
- U.S. Lacrosse Washington HS Player of the Week [Seattle Times]
- Toronto’s collapse has been one of the most shocking in pro lacrosse history [The Canadian Press]