The guy writing today’s Daily Cheese has been using Glue for over a year now. Throughout that time, the engineers making glue have been focusing on making it better and better, and stickier and stickier.
Glue is a service that helps you find your next favorite movie, music or other every day thing. It shows you things that you’ll like based on your personal tastes, what your friends like, and what’s most popular on Glue.
It’s built with Facebook and Twitter in mind, so you can discover which friends are using it and invite friends to help you get good recommendations on movies, music, etc. You can even win free giveaways by becoming the guru of certain things you like.
NEWS & NOTES
– The Uxbridge Minor Lacrosse Association received the Promotion and Development Award for 2009 from the Ontario Lacrosse Association for growing their league over 60% in the past year.
– 1 Lacrosse released a t-shirt full of 1’s out. They call it the 1 Lacrosse Explosion tee… We call it the 1 Flow.
– 3 days later and the entire Lax All Stars staff is still longing for a pair of the Landon gloves.
– Analysis from 412 regarding the Michigan-Bellarmine game:
You know you’re in trouble when you’re a NCAA D1 program and you have one color reversibles while the team you are playing against has their own shoes made for them.
On that note, here’s the most seemingly-honest and straightforward explanation of the game we’ve read so far:
I was there too. Michigan and Bellarmine actually practiced together last night, so the Knights knew what they were getting into. Michigan didn’t surprise them. They were just better. More athletic, more skilled, better plan. And they were doing it without their MVP from last year, Kevin Zorovich, who is out right now with an injury.
It’s a scrimmage, so both teams emptied their benches in the second half, but Michigan’s starters completely dominated the starters from a scholarship supported D1 team. That’s pretty impressive.
- Old Blue on MGoBlog.com
What we want to know is was Bellarmine down any players? Were either teams experimenting with new offenses or defenses? Was this a good experience for both squads?
– Here’s an MCLA veteran’s perspective on the situation, and on the whole “club ball” thing for that matter.
– By the way (more club ball news), the BYU-Chapman game might be on Fox College Sports on Feb 13. This has been in the works for the past few months and it sounds like it might happen.
– Okay, onto D1 news — Danielle Bernstein breaks down Georgetown
– Cornell and Dartmouth will play in the New England Lacrosse Classic in April.
– For those not reading Dr. Frederick Douglass Opie’s memoirs, it’s time for you to start.