Lax is heating up in Corpus Christi, TX thanks to a new club team in town. Here’s the full report and video from KRISTV.com:
FLOUR BLUFF – Despite Lacrosse being one of the oldest team sports in existence, it is just now beginning to make its way into the Coastal Bend, thanks to a group of guys and girls in Flour Bluff.
They call themselves the Flour Bluff Lacrosse Club, and what they are is a group of 30 novices learning the sport as they play it.
“Out of all the sports I have tried, baseball, soccer, football, this is my favorite sport I have ever played,” said Tristan Guajardo.
The club is only a couple of months old, but is already seeing more and more people showing up each week.
“It’s not like football where you are good or bad because you have been playing for years, everyone is new and can pick it up and its just a matter of getting out and playing,” said Ian MacDonald.
Despite being all novices, with no formal training several of the players do possess serious skills. The club attributes their growing knowledge to Youtube videos they have been passing around.
NEW & NOTES
– Vail Shootout: Results/News from Day One | LaxMagazine
– Vail Shootout: News/Results from Day Two | LaxMagazine
– Limestone’s Cerino resigns as Saints’ lacrosse coach | GoUpstate
– Wilson, of lacrosse case fame, arrested | Herald Sun
– Chicago tops Denver as Major League Lacrosse returns to Rochester | Democrat Chronicle
– New York: The Post’s All-City boys lacrosse honors | NYPost
– Massachusetts: Boys’ Lacrosse All-Scholastics | Boston.com
– Oregon: Former Portland lacrosse player to lead 6-week children’s camp | OregonLive
– Canada: Midget Fury’s last shot at provincial gold | Daily Herald
Got a question, something that deserves to be seen, or a hot tip?
Drop us a line at email@example.com