A “premium clothing company that infuses the sport of lacrosse into its styles,” LAXFU was founded by two guys with a ton of industry experience and a true appreciation for the game. We’ve had to privilege to speak with one of the founders, Mike Dolan, who also happens to be a big fan of LAS, and we do think these guys are onto something.
Loftus, a Syracuse standout who helped lead his team to the 2008 National Championship, couldn’t be happier about the deal:
“I am excited to be part of the LAXFU team. I see this partnership as a great way to help grow their brand while also helping to grow the game of lacrosse. I’m very impressed with what LAXFU has put together, and I can’t say enough about the quality of their clothing.”
Known as “the poster boy of perseverance,” Loftus capped off his senior season by receiving Syracuse’s Roy Simmons Jr. Award from Coach John Desko. After graduating he was drafted by the San Francisco and then moved over to the Chicago Machine when SF folded. He ended the 2009 MLL season ranked as the #7 lead scoring midfielder.
Congrats to Brendan and LAXFU!
NEWS & NOTES
- FYI: ESPN360.com is now ESPN3.com.
- St. Thomas Aquinas is gearing up for a big year of Florida high school lacrosse.
- Washington Stealth player and NLL veteran Peter Morgan has been named NLL P.O.T.W.
- From LaxMagazine.com: The Sacred Heart University lacrosse team is anxious to get the season started.
- Kevin Crowley, currently playing NCAA D1 for the Stony Brook Seawolves, was selected in the WLC draft.
- Penn State does not have a starting goalie.
- This doesn’t have to do with lacrosse, but… did Roy Williams just compare UNC losing 6 of 7 to Haiti?
- Also, one of the LAS staff members just started this sweet off-color sports blog thing. Humor him and visit it. Now.