Well, it’s a dreary morning in NYC and from what it sounds like, the 32 teams in Colorado aren’t enjoying much sun either. For the first time in MCLA history, games were actually postponed last night due to rain, wet grass fields, icy turf fields, thunder and lightening. There was probably some hail thrown in the mix too. The games will reconvene at 10AM MT today. 412 Lax has you covered with updates. Check it: Day 1 Early | Day 1 Late
Our friend Drew Adams from Maverik Lacrosse (former Penn State, current LI Lizards goalie) is on site in Denver and sent us a quick update yesterday afternoon before the weather turned. We’ve gone ahead and bolded the foul weather warning signs for you:
What’s up guys. I got out here in time to check out the 2nd round of D2 games this afternoon, waiting for D1 to get going now. Apparently May in Colorado feels like January. Guess I should of packed a little more than a couple t’s and a hoody. Just heard one of the Cal Poly players tell his dad there was snow in the forecast tomorrow. It’s 83 at their campus in Cali right now.
The D2 games I caught were all exciting. A lot of heavy hitting in the Western Oregon vs. Grove City game. GC came out on top but took a beating along the way. There is a speaker system throughout the complex blasting techno for warm-ups right now, setting a good mood for the games to come. The venue out here is real nice. All the teams are playing side to side and have the opportunity to scope each other out. Ill have more to come later.
As 412 states in Day 1 Late, “The only thing worse than the character development in 2012 was the weather in Denver today.” That sounds about right.
NEWS & NOTES:
– High School Lacrosse Baller Rips Hole In Net [LaxPlayground]
– Send Argentina to the 2010 World Lacrosse Championships [Facebook]
– Fox College Sports Coverage of MCLA Championship [MCLAFan]
– U.Va.’s women’s lacrosse game Sunday to be televised on ESPNU [WDBJ7]
– Accused lacrosse player’s mother: “I am devastated and confused” [USA Today]
– NCAA lacrosse tournament starts Saturday [Examiner]
– New York: Nazareth boys’ lacrosse edges Easton in Overtime senior night thriller [Examiner]
– New Jersey: This week in Union County boys lacrosse [NJ.com]
– New Jersey: This week in Morris County boys lacrosse [NJ.com]
– Massachusetts: Ephs earn game at home in lacrosse [Berkshire Eagle]