Tonight is “Black Out Night” at DaSilva Memorial Field in Queens, NY. The first 500 fans who arrive at the St. John’s vs. Hoftra game wearing black receive STJ Eye Black.
Here’s quick preview video with the Red Storm’s Garrett Mitchell:
From the news release:
QUEENS, N.Y. – St. John’s continues its homestand as the team welcomes regional rival No. 6/6 Hofstra to DaSilva Memorial Field on Tuesday night.
St. John’s (3-3, 0-1) comes into Tuesday’s contest after winning a thrilling 8-7 overtime game against Vermont on Saturday. Hofstra (3-1, 0-0) is coming off a 14-6 win over Sacred Heart on Saturday. St. John’s is 3-2 against non-conference opponents this season and 2-0 when playing at home. The team’s only other game against a CAA team came against Drexel back on March 13.
Hofstra leads the all-time series with St. John’s, 9-2. The last time the two teams met was in 2005 when the Pride won a 19-3 decision.
NEWS & NOTES
- MCLA Division I & II Top 23 – Michigan hold on to the top spot.
- STX-WSL Boys High School Top 25 – St. Marks in TX is king.
- Drexel’s head coach Brian Voelker has been selected as one of 24 finalists on the 2010 National Lacrosse Hall of Fame ballots.
- Wesleyan assistant coach Rick McCarthy was recently inducted into the Connecticut Hall of Fame.
- Univ. of Vermont adds 9 for the 2011 season
- The 1st D.C. public school lacrosse team makes its debut
- Southampton lacrosse preview
- East Hampton lacrosse preview