What a freakin weekend, huh?? It was wonderful. We’re sunburnt as hell and hope you are too.
So much lacrosse in HD, we could barely contain ourselves over here at LAS HQ – which by now really means all lacrosse the country seeing as our staffers are scattered throughout 4 different time zones. Anyway, the point is HIGH DEFINITION TV IS TO LACROSSE AS ANIMAL STYLE IS TO IN-N-OUT BURGER. Or something like that.
Whether you were in Baltimore watching the games live or watching on the tube, we hope you truly enjoyed time. And in case you didn’t – you know, in case you’re a “hardcore laxer” and therefore you thought there was bad lacrosse on television over the weekend – here just a few thoughts and takeaways from the Lax All Stars end of the spectrum:
1) This past weekend was the best possible thing that could have happened for the sport of lacrosse this year. Case in point: According to 412, Mike Golic of the Mike & Mike show on ESPN Radio said he wants lacrosse as an Olympic Sport this morning.
2) You just witnessed the lowest scoring NCAA D1 Championship ever. Was the game sloppy? Maybe… Goalie ruled? Yup. Full of nice little introductory lessons for all those casual fans watching? Cha-ching! Hopefully you had the chance to drop a little knowledge to your girlfriend while watching. Makes her future kids (whether their yours too or not) that much more likely to play.
3) Tufts University Jumbos. That’s a name to get a familiar with.
4) Kevin Corrigan is the man.
4) The sport could benefit from some new formally educated and lacrosse-knowledgeable broadcasters. No bash on Sean McDonough or Quint Kessenich, it’s just time to raise the roof a little bit.
5) The more lax games in HD, the faster the sport will grow. Nuff said, we said that.
And lastly, we leave you with WWCD. That’s What Would Costabile Do??? Win the face like a man and charge hard to goal. Relentless! Watch the shot in full below.
Costabile’s OT game winning shot
Photo courtesy Rafael Suanes/US Presswire
Weekend Recap Links
- Duke edges Irish for first lacrosse title | ESPN
- Duke lacrosse ushers in new era | ESPN
- CW Post beats Le Moyne 14-9 for the DII Title | InsideLacrosse.com
- Tufts beats Salisbury for the DIII Title | InsideLacrosse.com
- Photos gallery from the entire weekend | InsideLacrosse.com
- Tufts (Mass.), C.W. Post (N.Y.) capture lacrosse titles | USA Today
- UVA Men’s Lacrosse Season Ends in Heart-Breaking Fashion | NBC29
- Maryland Wins Women’s Lacrosse Championship | FratHouseSports
- Terps land five on women’s All-America teams | Baltimore Sun
NEW & NOTES
- Ex-Terps coach Cottle to interview at Penn State | Baltimore Sun
- Exonerating others now focus of former Duke lacrosse player Reade Seligmann | NJ.com
- Core of Big Red’s Final Four men’s lacrosse team will be back next season | Syracuse.com
- California: Perfect ending for La Costa Canyon lacrosse | SignOn San Diego
- Washington: Deal’s OT winner gives Bellevue first boys lacrosse title in 19 years | BellevueReporter.com
Lynnwood players celebrate their big win beneath the Space Needle
Blogging from his desk at LAS HQ