Beware, today’s Hot Pot of Lax is Inquisitive?
This week’s Hot Pot victim: The STX Prototype Shaft
So far, we’ve noticed that two different UNC players have been using STX shafts with word Protoype on them. It’s clearly a new shaft as they don’t have a Prototype shaft out right now. And we do NOT think the name of the shaft will be the Prototype either. We’re pretty sure of that! Actually, we’re positive of that. No doubt whatsoever. So we think this is an actualy prototype shaft. It’s something new!
It looks like UNC and OSU players have been using (and testing out) the shaft this season and it’s gone over well enough that they want more of them. Not a bad idea! If something works, run with it! We’re excited to see what the graphics and name end up being, but we’re even more excited about trying it out!
I have an STX Scandium D pole and it is a great shaft. If this handle is anything like that in the quality department, I’ll be extremely interested. Their scandium is light and strong, so I’d imagine an offensive short handle will be equally awesome. Rumor has it that the name is going to be something different from STX… any guesses?
Also, what do you guys think about college players using equipment before the general public does? Is this a good move by manufacturers to test out their gear? Or do D1 college athletes look at sports so differently from the rest of us, that their opinion isn’t relevant? If I owned a lacrosse company, I’d want the best guys out there testing my stuff. It makes sense to me! But would you want to be testing out a company’s new gear during your actual season? My answer is still yes, but I could see some saying no!
Photos courtesy Lax.com
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Gaffes cost men’s lacrosse in loss to Johns Hopkins | Diamondback Online
- Syracuse Opens Diplomatic Relations with Statesmen | Nunes Magician
- NU drops to seven-year low in lacrosse poll | Chicago Breaking Sports
- Former Duke lacrosse accuser now faces murder charge | Reuters
- The Truth about Pro Player Endorsements | LaxAllStars
- Red Hot Buffs rock old school alternates | Red Hot Buffs
- WA: Lacrosse still not a WIAA sanctioned sport | Seattle Times
- CA: Palos Verdes Lacrosse Looks to Keep Costa at Bay | Rancho Patch
- High Hits Happen. How do you respond to them? | 412 Lax
- Wilton – Darien HS Highlights (CT) | Lax.com
LACROSSE VIDEO OF THE WEEK
Johns Hopkins vs. UMD… Zach Palmer’s BTB. Enough said.