#14 Cole Williams of Johns Hopkins University is a freak, and its no surprise that at the end of the game Hopkins wanted the ball in his stick dodging a short stick. This is similar to the play that we showed you last week.
1. Cole Williams sets a pick on ball to get himself a switch to a short stick.
2. He pops open for the pass, his teammate #24 cuts away from him which keeps the long pole from switching back to Williams.
3. Similar to last week we have an attackman with the ball at X against a short stick.
4. Cole Williams allows his team to set up and provide spacing for him to start dodging a short stick. As he dodges the Maryland short stick tries to switch back with a pole. The switch comes late.
5. The pole leaving the crease creates stress on the rest of the defense and #1 Brett Baskin cuts wide open to the backside pipe. Goal. Johns Hopkins would go on to win.
WATCH OUR OTHER FILM BREAKDOWN EPISODES HERE