Editor’s note: This kid’s celebrity crush selection struck a cord with one of our writers, so he gets the cheese!
Meet Connor “Hammer” Hammon, Rhino Lacrosse’s featured player of the week:
Weight: 85 pounds
Birth date: 8/28/97
School: West Linn
1. I have been involved with Rhino since… First Grade
2. My biggest lacrosse mentor is… Ryan
3. Rhino Lacrosse has… helped me become a better player
4. In my free time I… Play Xbox
5. I see lacrosse helping me… Get to a good college (like Syracuse!)
Fast food meal: Five Guys
Drink: Orange Soda
Song on my Ipod right now: “Down” by Jay Sean
Celebrity: Sponge Bob
Actor: Will Ferell
Magazine: Inside Lacrosse
Time of Day: Lunch
Restaurant: Lil’ Cooperstown
Lacrosse Move: Roll Dodge
Stick: Nike Blur on a Nike Vandal
Rhino moment/ Rhino memory: Rhino Lacrosse Turkey Bowl 2009
People say I look like…. No one really
My guilty pleasure dance song is “Replay” by Iyaz
Someone offers you a free ticket to anywhere in the world. Where do you go and who and what do you bring? Mexico and bring lots of money, also take my dog Jax.
In 10 years you’ll most likely be… Playing lacrosse
I could absolutely not live without… My family (my mom made me say that)
My celebrity crush is…. Megan Foxx
Lacrosse is the next big thing
Tell us something random about yourself: I’ve only had KFC once even though I love it.
NEWS & NOTES
– Lax Magazine’s Matt DeSilva explains what we learned from the Champion Challenge.
– GameplayBook.com interviewed Carlo Sunseri, creator of College Lacrosse 2010. We have a video interview queued for next week.
– The Suffolk Spartans are ready.
– Holy Cross goalie Connor Sweeney will represent Ireland in the 2010 FIL Men’s World Championship in Manchester, England.
– Tim Marshall has been named the interim head coach at Scranton.
– And the Shenandoah Valley Youth Lacrosse League is born.
– Seen in Connor Wilson’s post yesterday:
For all of you guys looking for free stuff (and who isn’t looking for free stuff? am I right?), check out Elevation Lacrosse’s newest giveaway. 28 days of FREE. STUFF. Gloves, helmets, bags, stuff. you get the idea. How do you get the stuff? Easy: follow them on twitter, friend them on good ol’ Bookface or register on their website. Wow, that WAS easy! Now go win stuff. Disclaimer: Elevation advertises with us but this contest is legit and we would have told you about it anyway.