ADVNC Founder and CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes Marcus Holman & Adam Ghitelman to the show. Marcus & Adam are current pro lacrosse players and University of Utah coaches.
Holman & Ghitelman are both veterans of Major League Lacrosse and are set to make the leap to the newly formed Premier Lacrosse League. They both starred in the Atlantic Coast Conference at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the University of Virginia, respectively. Marcus and Adam are also both assistant coaches at the University of Utah, where they will participate in the school’s first-ever Division I Season in 2019.
Chris, Marcus, and Adam discuss the following on the show:
– Turning the Utah Utes into a Division I lacrosse program
– Long-term expectations for the Utah program
– Coaching under Marcus’ dad, Utah head coach Brian Holman
– Growing up in lacrosse hotbeds on the East Coast
– Memories of playing at Marcus playing at UNC and Adam playing at UVA
– The difference between lacrosse on the East and West Coasts
– Both Marcus and Adam making the leap from the MLL to the PLL
– The future of outdoor pro lacrosse
– The Give & Go Foundation, which Adam Ghitelman founded alongside Scott Ratliff
– Advice for young players who have college lacrosse aspirations
Marcus Holman, Adam Ghitelman: ADVNC Lacrosse Podcast
About ADVNC Lacrosse:
From the ADVNC Lacrosse website:
“ADVNC Lacrosse is the leader in lacrosse training and development, designed and directed by Tewaaraton Award winner and MLL All-Star Chris Rotelli.
In collaboration with the world’s best lacrosse players and coaches, ADVNC offers camps, year round club teams, tournaments, leagues, college recruiting, and other game-elevating tools for beginners to high schoolers.
Our mission is to maximize player potential, enjoyment of the game, and to help our athletes play lacrosse in college. We do this in the most fun possible way at every one of our events. We believe that the sport of lacrosse has a great community of people, and that it can open doors for you that would otherwise not be opened. We believe that lacrosse is a great team sport, and teaches life lessons to players that help them excel in every aspect of life.
We train players to be great, we have a lot of fun doing it, and we help them reach their goals. We are passionate about this process, and we care about every player who comes through our program.”
For more information on ADVNC Lacrosse and how to get involved, please visit their website here.