We’ve been waiting four years for these games, and even longer for lacrosse to “come home.” Friday, September 19th, 2015 kicked off the WILC 2015 and lacrosse not only came home, it devoured Onondaga Nation and the greater Syracuse area.
Everywhere you look in Central New York you can see some sort of reminder for these historic games and the sold out War Memorial Arena was key indicator that lacrosse needed to get back to its roots.
I am still trying to wrap my mind around the spectacular display of technology, history, lacrosse and community that were all displayed to the highest degree during the opening ceremony.
Although Israel and Serbia kicked off the event on Friday morning, the game on everyone’s minds was the Iroquois Nationals versus the United States which I can assure you left no one disappointed, regardless of which team they were rooting for.
Day 2 was no different, the nations are fired up and Vendor Village kicked into full swing. Box lacrosse is alive and well on the Onondaga Nation![mks_separator style=”solid” height=”2″] [mks_col] [mks_one_half]
Day 1 – 9/18
- Turkey 12, Switzerland 6
- Ireland 10, Germany 7
- Australia 7, Finland 6
Day 2 – 9/19
- Serbia 10, Ireland 11
- Germany 10, Israel 9
Today’s Games – 9/20
- Switzerland (0-2) v Australia (2-0) – Village Pavilion 9:30am
- Finland (1-1) v Turkey (1-1) – Onondaga Arena 10am
- Israel (1-1) v Ireland (2-0) – Village Village 12:30am
- USA (1-0) v Czech Republic (1-0) – Onondaga Arena 1pm
- Germany (1-1) v Serbia (0-2) – Village Arena 3:30
- Iroquois (1-0) v Canada (0-0) – War Memorial Arena 5pm