Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!
There’s a time and a place for everything. There’s a time and a place to speak up. There’s a time and a place to remain quiet. There’s a time and a place to exert our influence. There’s a time and a place to mind our business. There’s a time and a place to defer to others. And there’s a time and a place to acknowledge or appreciate what we’ve done. This exercise in duality – if it can be referred to as such – covers a number of different scenarios in life.
The tough part is knowing how to distinguish which path to take, particularly when we are emotionally moved toward one. Every person has their own decision making criteria. Here are a few questions of my determining questions.
- Which (re)action will calm the issue? Which will exacerbate it?
- Will my (re)action make a difference a few days from now? Will I (or anyone else) really care by then?
- Will this (re)action set me up for something bigger or better down the road?
- Will this positively impact anyone else? Will it negatively impact anyone else?
- Will a positive impact for others outweigh a negative impact for me?
Make it a GREAT day!