Editor’s Note: Trilogy Lacrosse, a Lacrosse All Stars partner, released a new series titled “Trilogy Lacrosse Theatre” to take a look back at memorable lacrosse moments caught on film that feature different members of the Trilogy crew. Episode 5 picks up with living lacrosse icon Casey
Who is Casey
Boy, if you don’t know, this is going to be a hard one to explain. Let’s stick to some lacrosse basics. Casey is the eldest of the three
Joining the MLL from its inception in 2001,
- 2017 US Lacrosse Hall of Fame Inductee
- 4x USILA All-American (1995 – 1998)
- 2x NCAA Player of the Year (1997 & 1998)
- 1st Team All-American (1996, ’97, ’98)
- Division I National Attackman of the Year (1998)
- Division I National Midfielder of the Year (1996)
- 4x NCAA All-Tournament team member (1995–98)
- MLL Offensive Player of the Year (2005)
- NLL Most Valuable Player (2010
- MLL Offensive Player of the Year (2014)
- MLL Most Valuable Player (2014)
- Silver Medal, Team USA field (2006)
- 2x Bronze Medal, Team USA indoor (2011, 2015)
What’s on the Tube?
Ryan Boyle straight up called it the greatest regular season game of his lifetime.
#3 Syracuse versus #2 Virginia, 1997. First game of the season, in the Dome. Starting his junior season, it was the first time Casey
Down 19 to 12 midway through the third quarter, it looked completely in the Hoos’ favor going into the final stretch. At this point, there wasn’t much hope left in the Syracuse defense, so it was
These are some of the greatest moments in college lacrosse history. Big Facts.
Powell on Great Cuse/UVA Game of 1997
The full episode is just over 28 minutes on the Trilogy YouTube page. Here’s a few “highlights” of the highlights to see if the water is right for you.
Now it’s time to watch the full thing. You’ll have to give Trilogy your views for that one. While you’re there, like, comment and subscribe to their channel for more awesome content like this.