Aron Nwankwo has gotten a lot of mileage out of his senior year at City. In the classroom, he has maintained a 4.0 grade-point average, which helped him earn a full academic scholarship to study pre-medicine at the University of Pittsburgh.
As for his athletic career, Nwankwo, 6 feet 7, is best known for his prowess on the basketball court, where he helped the No. 1 Knights win their second straight Class 2A state championship as a defensive catalyst and strong rebounder. Nwankwo also has developed a love for lacrosse, playing defense to help the Knights (10-1 overall, 9-0 in Baltimore City) win 37 straight league games.
In addition to pre-med at Pitt, he’s also be walking onto the basketball team next year.
Here’s the full interview:
– 412 delivers with video of Wharton ripping a net last night against Towson [412 Lax]
– Bellarmine-Ohio State lacrosse game to be televised live [Bellarmine Athletics]
– Chico State Men’s Lacrosse (3-9) Loses 15-13 to Sonoma State To Finish Season [LaxBuzz]
– Ithaca Bomber Men’s Lacrosse Defense Shuts Down Alfred [Ithaca Athletics]
– Backpacks. Desks. Pencils. Notebooks. Lacrosse sticks? [The Mountaineer]
– Bridgewater-Raynham boys lacrosse team has come a long way in just two years [WickedLocal]
– Virginia: Lake Braddock football player takes up lacrosse as way to train for football. [Connection]
– Missouri: Lacrosse takes off in St. Louis high schools [STLToday.com]
– Buffalo Bandits Lacrosse: Resetarits, Bandits find way into playoffs [Metrowny]
And last, but not least…
– The Link That Made All Of This Blogging Worth It [UNH Lacrosse]
Potential Woozle helmets?
(We photoshop’d this. Now we gotta see if it’s doable.)