The LASNAI Box Tourney, otherwise known as the LaxAllStars.com North American Invitational box lacrosse tournament, has been updated, preened to perfection, and is now 100% ready to roll and good to go. We’ve done the legwork to make it happen in a serious way, and some small changes have been made to the box tourney format, which I will explain below.
We’ve also got a growing list of confirmed and “IN” teams, and more than just a couple of them are straight up amazing! This is going to be big… bigger than even we thought!
All that and more below.
LASNAI Box Tourney Updates & Quick Facts
- Games will now be played over THREE days, starting on Thursday, September 29th, and ending on Saturday night, October 1st. Teams that show up on Wednesday, September 28th can practice at the facility.
- All games will be played at Tsha’ Thoñ’nhes on the Onondaga Nation. This is the new indoor/outdoor world class box facility that was used for the 2015 WILC.
- Teams will be playing under FIL rules, modified for time to allow for our shorter game times. Teams will play 5-6 shortened games in 3 days.
- Rosters will be limited to 20 (18 runners, 2 goalies) per game.
- We recommend that teams book hotels at Hotel Syracuse, as they have suites at good prices.
- There will be a 4 team “Masters” Box Tourney as well. Players must be 33 years old or older by the start of the tourney. Email Connor@LacrosseAllStars.com for more info.
- There will be a free agent team – if you can not find a team, we have a “house” team. If you are interested in the house team, please contact Connor@LacrosseAllStars.com
- We are now taking open registrations in a first come, first in basis. If you want to enter a team, please contact Connor@LacrosseAllStars.com
- We are now accepting vendor bids and have available sponsorship opportunities. If you are interested in either, please email Connor@LacrosseAllStars.com – SPONSOR and VENDOR space is limited!
LASNAI Team List
We are not releasing our full team list just yet, instead we’re going to leak it out slowly. You’re welcome for more content to follow. For now, we will just preview ONE team that is coming, and get to the rest SOON:
LCC Radotín – The Custodés
LCC Radotín is the most famous box lacrosse club in all of Europe. They host the amazing Ales Hrebesky Memorial tourney every year (which our tourney is openly modeled after), usually take the Czech crown, and generally run the show. They have sent players to Ontario and BC to play, and they prefer box over field with a serious bias. Serious, legitimate box has been played in the Czech Republic for over 20 years, and the ability by LCC to sling the ball around, win draws, score goals, play lockdown D, and make big saves is all there. These guys are the REAL DEAL for European box, and we’re thrilled that they are coming.
Another reason we think it’s thrilling that LCC is coming? It means they liked our idea of mimicking their tourney here in North America. A nod of approval through attendance… it means a lot! Plus North American players and fans will get the chance to see LCC play in our backyard now. That’s a treat for everyone involved.
As the tournament draws closer I’ll fill you in more on some of the other teams already lined up to come play, but for now I’ll leave you with this little tidbit: LCC Radotín is NOT THE ONLY European team coming. Yup, TWO are coming. You’ll have to guess on #2 for now.
Fuller list coming soon. Full list coming later. If you want in, it’s not too late, but it’s getting close!
If you have any questions not answered above, email Connor@LacrosseAllStars.com.