NBC Sports’ exclusive coverage of the Premier Lacrosse League’s inaugural season continues for the PLL Albany Week 10 weekend, as three teams fight for two playoff spots from Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium in Albany, N.Y.
NBC Sports Gold’s “Premier Lacrosse League Pass” will present coverage of Paul Rabil and Atlas LC vs. Connor Fields and Chaos under the lights on Saturday at 8 p.m. ET, as well as Chrome-Redwoods coverage Sunday at 1:30 p.m. ET, exclusively for subscribers. Week 10 will conclude on NBCSN with Whipsnakes-Archers coverage Sunday at 4:30 p.m. ET.
The PLL Albany weekend will also see former University at Albany, SUNY student-athletes and current PLL stars including Kyle McClancy (Chaos), Connor Fields (Chaos), Blaze Riorden (Chaos), Miles Thompson (Chaos), Brett Queener (Chrome), and Troy Reh (Chaos) return to their alma mater for Week 10 play.
NBC Sports’ Paul Burmeister will host Week 10 coverage on NBCSN and NBC Sports Gold, while Brendan Burke (play-by-play) and Ryan Boyle (PLL analyst) will call the games from Albany’s Tom & Mary Casey Stadium. For Sunday evening’s broadcast on NBCSN, Whipsnakes LC’s Matt Rambo as well as Archers LC’s Marcus Holman and Matt McMahon will be mic’d up for under-the-helmet interviews.
NBC Sports Gold’s “Premier Lacrosse League Pass” is available now for a discounted price of $29.99.
Find NBC Sports Gold in the NBC Sports app. Available on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and NBCSportsGold.com. NBC Sports Gold is powered by Playmaker Media, NBC Sports Digital’s technology service which provides end-to-end support for companies in need of best-in-class live streaming and VOD solutions.
Following is the PLL Albany coverage across NBC Sports:
|Sat., Aug 24||8 p.m.||Atlas vs. Chaos||NBC Sports Gold|
|Sun., Aug 25||1:30 p.m.||Redwoods vs. Chrome||NBC Sports Gold|
|Sun., Aug 25||4:30 p.m.||Whipsnakes vs. Archers||NBCSN*|
*All television coverage simultaneously live streams via authentication on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app.
For the entire 2019 PLL schedule and more details on NBC Sports’ comprehensive coverage of the PLL’s inaugural season across NBC Sports platforms, click here.
SATURDAY’S CHAOS-ARCHERS BROADCAST IS NBCSN’S MOST-WATCHED AND HIGHEST-RATED PLL TELECAST EVER
Despite the earliest start of the year, Saturday’s Chaos-Archers one-goal battle (12:30-2:32p) is NBCSN’s highest-rated (0.066 HH rating) and most-watched (106,000 viewers) weekend afternoon PLL telecast ever (5 tc’s).
Additional weekend viewership highlights:
- Presenting its second Saturday/Sunday PLL doubleheader, NBCSN scores its second most-watched PLL weekend afternoon games in history, with its two-game average out-performing the 2019 season-to-date average.
- Last weekend’s PLL average HH rating (0.056) and 92,000 TV-only P2+ viewers, up 60% and 51%, respectively versus NBCSN’s first weekend doubleheader delivery on 7/6-7 (0.036 HH rating/61,000).
- Saturday’s 106,000 Total Audience Delivery was the fourth time out of the last five NBCSN PLL telecasts to surpass 100,000+ TAD.
- Despite Whipsnakes 17-4 blowout win over Redwoods, Sunday’s TAD (79,000) outperformed Week 1 (Redwoods-Atlas; 76,000 TAD) by 4%, becoming the second most-watched weekend afternoon PLL game ever (behind Saturday’s).
- With a powerful audience run the last seven weeks, NBCSN’s PLL season average (12 tc’s) increases for a fifth consecutive week.
Following are the league standings heading into Week 10:
WEEK 10 PREVIEW
ATLAS LC (4-5) VS. CHAOS LC (7-2) – Saturday, August 24, at 8 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Gold
The final weekend of the regular season begins Saturday night under the lights at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium as Atlas will look to put pressure on Archers and Redwoods. All three teams sit at 4-5 going into Week 10 and only two will make the playoffs.
The last time these two teams met, Chaos jumped out to an 8-3 lead after the first quarter thanks to three two-pointers from the “Bomb Squad” and took a 13-6 lead into halftime. Atlas were unable to climb back into the game and Chaos came away with an 18-13 win.
REDWOODS LC (4-5) VS. CHROME LC (2-7) – Sunday, August 25, at 1:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Gold
Redwoods offensive leader Matt Kavanagh and defensive signal caller Eddy Glazener return after missing last weekend and look to help their team rebound from their loss last weekend in Hamilton. Last week proved that Glazener is the engine that makes this Redwoods’ defense go. His command of the defense allows elite athletes like Garrett Epple and Brent Adams to shine as he directs the defense around them.
WHIPSNAKES LC (6-3) VS. ARCHERS LC (4-5) – Sunday, August 25, at 4:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN
Archers and Whipsnakes round out the weekend on Sunday afternoon. By the time the game begins, Archers will know exactly what they need to do in order to make the playoffs. While Whipsnakes have already clinched a Top 2 seed, they will look to keep momentum going from their Week 9 win over Redwoods.
WEEK 10 CLINCHING SCENARIOS
Three teams are vying for two remaining playoff spots this weekend. Following are the clinching scenarios for Week 10:
- Clinch with a win over Whipsnakes and a Redwoods and/or Atlas loss
- Can still clinch with a loss and an Atlas and/or Redwoods loss, but must have a better score differential than at least 1 of teams tied with (in the case of a 3-way tie) to make playoffs.
- Clinch with a win over Chaos and Redwoods and/or Archers loss
- Can still clinch with a loss and a Redwoods and/or Archers loss but must have a better score differential than at least 1 of teams tied with (in the case of a 3-way tie) to make playoffs.
- Clinch with a win over Chrome and an Archers and/or Atlas loss
- Can still clinch with a loss and an Atlas and/or Archers loss, but must have a better score differential than at least 1 of teams tied with (in the case of a 3-way tie) to make playoffs.
ABOUT THE PREMIER LACROSSE LEAGUE:
The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) brings the sport of lacrosse to a national stage for the first time through a tour-based model, complete with the best players the game has to offer. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar, philanthropist, and investor Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group comprised of The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), The Chernin Group, and Blum Capital. The PLL season began this June, with six teams, embarking on a 14-week season that concludes with a playoff and PLL championship game. The PLL season will be distributed through an exclusive media-rights agreement with NBC Sports Group. For more information, visit PremierLacrosseLeague.com, and follow on social media: