Premier Lacrosse League Announces 16 New Pros for Entry Draft
The Premier Lacrosse League announced 16 new players who would be joining the pool for the 2020 PLL Entry Draft that will take place on March 16 this morning on the league’s social media channels.
Take a look at the list of players joining the league pool below.
Pro Lacrosse Players Joining The PLL For The 2020 Entry Draft
We’re excited to welcome 16 new players to the PLL who will be available during the 2020 Entry Draft! pic.twitter.com/r6VXhrqBQ9
— Premier Lacrosse League (@PremierLacrosse) March 10, 2020
- Rob Pannell was included in this announcement, while the initial announcement from the league of Pannell joining the PLL was released yesterday.
- Josh Hawkins, who had retired from Major League Lacrosse in 2018, looks to be making a comeback and will apparently be entered into the 2020 Entry Draft pool.
- Some other notable departures from the MLL to the PLL are Zach Currier, Jesse Bernhardt and Dillon Ward.
- Bernhardt’s brother Jake currently plays for the PLL, making playing in the league a family affair for the two brothers. The Bernhardt’s younger brother, Jared, who is a senior at Maryland this year and was a Tewaaraton finalist last year, will be playing college football next fall with his final year of NCAA eligibility as a graduate transfer and will consequently delay potentially playing any professional lacrosse this summer.
- Zach Currier had expressed frustration with how last year’s MLL Championship turned out, after being ejected in the final minutes of the game in what was a controversial finish. Controversial playoff games are nothing new to sports, but it happened at a more impactful time with the PLL playing its first season last year. The MLL saw great successes last year, without any real dips in reported attendance numbers — in fact actually seeing a 20 percent increase in reported attendance from the year prior — as both the MLL and the PLL competed for similar audiences.
- Dillon Ward will be a big asset to the PLL, as Ward is considered the best goalie in the world. Ward won the title of the world’s best goalkeeper at the 2018 field world championships, and has been consistently ranked as one of the highest performing goalkeepers in the National Lacrosse League despite what some Colorado Mammoth fans think.
- There’s a lot of other great talent joining the 2020 PLL Entry Draft pool as well, like Zed Williams, Jason Noble, Christian Mazzone, Ryland Rees and TJ Comizio. This should help bolster the depth of talent and competition that already currently exists.