Hello! Welcome to EPISODE 11 of Lacrosse All Stars’ podcast — Outside the Eight with Carly Reed. This podcast focuses on women’s lacrosse while sharing stories and experiences of current and former players and coaches. Outside the Eight will grow the game, help others know the game and share stories that go beyond the field.
Carly Reed — Outside the Eight: Women’s Lacrosse Podcast
We are BACK with Episode 11 of Outside the Eight, this time with the confident and crazy cool Carly Reed. A Washington, D.C. native, Carly loved lacrosse from a young age and worked hard for her role on the UNC Tarheels women’s lacrosse team. She was a national champion in 2016, and just this past year earned a WPLL championship with the New England Command. More importantly, she’s making a name for herself in both the sports and fashion world with the launch of her athlete exclusive apparel company, On the Line. We talk about this and all things lacrosse related on this episode. Thanks for listening!
On this episode we talk about:
- What is means to be an “influencer” in this digital age, as long as you’re using your platform for good!
- Carly’s journey to UNC and how she stayed focused amidst the academic and social transition into college.
- Winning a NCAA National Championship and what it meant for her and her teammates.
- Carly is honest about some of the difficulties that come with success, the expectations and pressure and how she learned to come back stronger than ever.
- We discuss the importance of giving back to the sport, and creating opportunities for youth to embrace the game.
- How Carly decided to start her own company, and more importantly how she does it. It’s pretty amazing.
- We talk all about On the Line, where it’s going and how YOU can join. Check out their website for more details and to sign up.
- Carly shares her experience with the WPLL and what it means to be a professional lacrosse player.
Carly bubbles with joy and has a go-getter attitude and some great one liners. She’s confident because she has worked hard to build a business, continues to test herself athletically, and stays disciplined. I appreciated her coming to record with me spontaneously, and for being open to sharing so many things about her experiences. I think many can relate to some of the challenges that come with the transitions she discusses…you know, that post grad feeling of “what am I doing with my life!?” Check her out on Instagram @carlmecrazy for a dose of cute fashion and tough workouts.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to listen to the TEN other available episodes on Soundcloud. They are also available on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Podbean and Pocketcast as well under Lacrosse Podcasts by Lacrosse All Stars. Please feel free to RATE, REVIEW, and SUBSCRIBE!
Episode 1: The Gaels, Episode 2: The Fearless Maddy Morrissey, Episode 3: The Multitalented Taylor Thornton and Episode 4 and 5 with The Tenacious Trenna Hill. Episode 6 with the Adventurous Cassidy Doster and Episode 7 with the Courageous Lauren Benner and Episode 8 with Tanner Guarino along with: Episode 9 with the Brave Lyndsey Munoz and finally The Great Ashley Gersuk Murphy.