Hello! Welcome to a brand new episode of Lacrosse All Stars’ podcast — Outside the Eight. This podcast focuses on women’s lacrosse while sharing stories and experiences of current and former players and coaches. Outside the Eight will grow the game, help others know the game and share stories that go beyond the field.
Cassidy Doster — Outside the Eight: Women’s Lacrosse Podcast
Gearing up for Senior Year
Here we are again, did you think we would stop? Nope, we’re just getting started. This is a “mini” episode with current University of Massachusetts midfielder and attacker Cassidy Doster. She’s in the midst of her senior year in fall ball, but when we recorded this episode Cassidy was wrapping up an epic summer in California coaching, living the lax dream, and counting down the days until her return to the West Coast. Cassidy gives us a taste of current life as a Division I laxer and what her team is hungry for in the year ahead.
On this episode we talk about:
1. Why California is so great! And Cassidy’s take on West Coast lax (hint: it’s legit).
2. The impact lacrosse has had on her, both as an athlete and where it’s taken her in life.
3. The importance of taking risks and having a lot of fun, but also being safe. Wear helmets, kids! Oh, we also mention helmets for women’s lacrosse.
4. Getting recruited from a small town.
5. NCAA tournament appearances and a devastating loss to the University of Richmond.
6. How her teammates keep each other in check and their goals for 2019.
7. Those dreaded fitness tests every fall.
8. How her post-grad hopes of a life in California is becoming closer to a reality.
We’re grateful to Cassidy Doster for her energy, love of the game, and for sharing the same nickname. We’ll definitely be cheering for No. 16 this spring!
We want to hear from MORE current women’s lacrosse players at any level. If you are interested in an interview, drop me a note. Give your team a shout out and share your story, don’t be shy. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would LOVE to hear from you. We are six episodes in, and plenty of you are listening so let us know what you think. RATE, REVIEW, and SUBSCRIBE to Outside the Eight (you can do this on Soundcloud or the podcast app on your phone). Tweet at me @cmbrunelle, send me an email at email@example.com, leave a review. What else do YOU want to talk about? WHO do you want to hear from?
Also, be sure to check out Episode 1: The Gaels, Episode 2: The Fearless Maddy Morrissey, Episode 3: The Multitalented Taylor Thornton and Episode 4 and 5 with The Tenacious Trenna Hill. Thanks for listening!